ABOUT ME
I am almost a Junior according to USA, however I will have completed a double minor and a double major by the time I graduate. I have a minor in Environmental Science and I will have a minor in General Studies. I will have a double major in History. I will graduate with all hope in Spring 2011. I will be certified to teach Secondary Social Studies 6-12 grades. I graduated from my orginal 2 year degree with a 3.84 GPA. At this time I am still maintaining a 3.55 GPA at USA.
My Teaching Philosophy

Education in my Space

As I have said, I find education fascinating and I love to learn! When I was a child I read books, stared at paintings, watched television shows, or played outside with my friends, by all of this I was learning and I was dreaming! I want my time with my students to not only be productive per their subject matter, or test scores, but I want my students to feel safe, respected, and excited when they enter my room. I believe there are a lot of opportunities for educators to open the world of learning up to many students and it is unfortunate that so many never experience the wonder of learning. Students need to feel appreciated, acknowledged, worthwhile, and have positive reinforcement to assist their own creativity. I propose that students are not fulfilling their potential for themselves or in society not because of the lack of school funding, or racial boundaries, poverty, or due to family collapse, but rather they are not being made to feel they are important, they have important ideas, or that they can overcome whatever cards they have been dealt. Some people are born with and have had nurtured, pride, patriotism, loyalty, respect; yet others were not and this is increasingly tumbling our societies ability to function. My space will be a “one for all and all for one” mentality. We cannot succeed if everyone is not willing to participate! Each person has a unique ability and without their inclusion in the process the outcome will not be as good as it could have been.