ABOUT ME
I am almost a Junior according to USA, however I will have completed a double minor and a double major by the time I graduate. I have a minor in Environmental Science and I will have a minor in General Studies. I will have a double major in History. I will graduate with all hope in Spring 2011. I will be certified to teach Secondary Social Studies 6-12 grades. I graduated from my orginal 2 year degree with a 3.84 GPA. At this time I am still maintaining a 3.55 GPA at USA.
My Teaching Philosophy

My Pedagogy

Teaching has been a lifelong dream for me. With that said, I won’t tell you the tired old story of how I played school as a little girl, always being the teacher! Rather, I was a happy kid and played at being all kinds of things. I wanted to be a Muppet(Do you know what they are? Don't knock it! ;), I wanted to live in Sesame Street and teach Oscar a lesson in how to treat people, and I really wanted to live next door to the Cosby’s so that I could enjoy their humor. Did I play Teacher? I’m sure I did, but my close friends and I went far beyond merely playing school, we built worlds in which to play. One friend, Tammy, and I spent hours in her room or at my house constructing wooden people towns, sometimes we built a state with multiple towns. My neighborhood friends and I had adventures outside digging up worms, catching “crawdads” at the swamp, scooping up tadpoles at the river. All of these memories developed my love of exploring, taking chances, experiencing all life has to offer even when you’re not sure what will happen. We made many mistakes of course, fell off the bank and get wet when we shouldn’t have or forgot to change out of our school clothes before going to the river to catch fiddler crabs. These mistakes as well as the wonderful opportunities enhanced my ability to learn and grow. As a teacher, I will help you explore the world around you, take chances, make mistakes, be creative, and have fun! Life is short, not just the entirety of the life each person lives, but the moments in which they are living, enjoy the moment.